Tue, 29 Aug|
Introduction to Chair Yoga - MEMBERS ONLY, TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE IN MEMBERS AREA (ignore registration closed message)
Members only event. BOOKING IN MEMBERS' AREA www.hypermobility.org/membersevents TICKETS AVAILABLE Learn more about Chair Yoga in a session especially tailored for anyone with hypermobility. Claire Caine is an experienced yoga teacher, who herself lives with, and manages, chronic health conditions.
Time & Location
29 Aug 2023, 19:00 – 20:10 BST
About the Event
We are delighted that Claire Caine is joining us for this not to be missed session. The session is for MEMBERS ONLY.
ABOUT CLAIRE AND THE SESSION:
Claire Caine has been a yoga teacher for 9 years, practicing for over 20 years. Claire told us: "Having chronic conditions has changed my life and career, but without a doubt, it’s made me a better yoga teacher as ensure I deliver yoga classes that are completely person centred. I create a self compassionate environment for all, encouraging a positive attitude and love for our body’s capability. I look forward to working with you!"
The session will include:
- Intro about Claire, her conditions, her teaching - and some practice guidelines
- Settling into the session using breath work
- Joint mobilisation/joint freeing (preparation for movement)
- Sun Salutations - 4 rounds of flowing movements to really get the body moving
- Asana - the physical practice, (the postures)
- Guided meditation 10-15 mins. An opportunity to go deeply into relaxation whether remaining seated or lying on the sofa
- Awakening, bringing back awareness slowly
For the session:
None of the following are absolutely essential for the session but if you can find the following, that would be great:
- A dining chair (or similar) is perfect - ideally a chair without arms and preferably a flat seat.
- A yoga mat would be amazing, but if not, ideally try and join the session a room with a carpet or something soft on the floor.
- Something to raise the level of the feet so that the knees and hips are level. So cushion/s, books of equal size or yoga blocks.
- Blanket (optional) to make the seat more comfortable and to put around you for relaxation.
This session will be run on Zoom. (NOTE: No personal health advice can be given in this session & this talk does not replace the need for personal health care support or medical advice.
We look forward to seeing you there! (You will be sent an email with a link to the event within a few hours, so please check your junk/spam folder if you can't see it.)
- Ticket type
Introduction to Chair YogaPrice£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out