Sue's Clinic - 14th April @ GOS???

Please post here any query that relates to Great Ormond Street Hospital/or your child's/adolescents hospital appointments generally. Within this section is helpful info regarding tips & hints for hospital visits -stays.

Re: 2 weeks in July

Postby morris » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Just heard today we will be going then. My daughter is 15 so quite a lot older! Have you got any advice as you have been before? This is our first time.
morris

Postby muppet » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Morris,

I think the main things to say are that it was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be, i was dreading going but once there it was o.k.

The hotel is great it has everything you need. we took our own food and cooked for ourselves most nights (and a few extras once we had made friends :D ).

My son found the physio very hard work but the physio team are fantastic they really push them and make them work hard. For my son it worked so well.

To help with building up stammina you are asked to go out after physio (the afternoon finnishes at 3pm) so its probably a good idea to plan some stuff you want to do.

I am not really sure what else would be helpfull, if you do have any questions please feel free to ask or P.M. me.

I would have a read through some of the other links about GOSH stays as there is loads of advice and questions answered in these.

I will look forward to seeing you there.

Helen

Thankyou Nonya
muppet

Postby morris » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi Helen

Thanks for the info. I am sure it will be fine once we get into the swing of things, and it will be worth it to help my daughter who hasn't been in school for ages now.

Looking forward to seeing you in July!

All the best, Mandy
morris

Anyone in GOSH for physio August 17th - 28th?

Postby Livsmum » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Just wondering if anyone is on the 2 week physio programme the last 2 weeks in August.
Livsmum

9th November Two Week Program

Postby Traceydeborah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Just wondering if anyone out there is book onto the two week exercise program starting on the 9th November. My son has just turned 8 years old and has EDS. Thought it might be nice to get in contact and say hello before we start.

Tracey x x
Traceydeborah

GOSH - 2 week visit starting 19 October

Postby carol » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:22 pm

My son has been booked on the rehab 2 weeks at GOSH on the above dates

Is anyone else going to be there ?

Can anyone offer advice on accomodation, we have been told we will be staying next to GOSH, has anyone been who can advise on rooms etc, son is getting concerned that he will have no TV ???
carol

Re: GOSH - 2 week visit starting 19 October

Postby Alison C » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Hello
We will be there from 25 Oct! Son - 11 yrs, daughter 5 yrs. Yes - there is a tv in each room! Different types of rooms - some have flats, others share kitchens. GOSH hotel - Weston House - is opposide GOSH to the right, near the pigeon park (ie Queen Square). Tonnes of info at GOSH heading re hotel and shops etc, things to do. PLEASE do take something to wear when the fire alarm goes off in the early hours re toasters as you have to stand outside in the road for a bit - I did not know this. Great hotel - very comfortable. I am sure you will love it. Not long now!
Alison
Alison C
enthusiast

Re: GOSH - 2 week visit starting 19 October

Postby alison1984 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 pm

the gosh hotel is really good and comfy, i would describe it as bing similar to a travelodge, each room has tv, there is kitchen/lounge on each seperate floor, there is a laundy there for washing/drying clothes, and the reception staff are fab.
good luck u will be fine if there is anything you want to know message me x
alison1984

gosh 29th november onwards

Postby popsmum » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:10 am

hiya, anyone down at gosh 29th nov onwards? we'r not in for physio although we'll be seeing them and everyone else, but was wondering if anyones about who wants to meet up?? we'r in for endocrine, theatre on monday for a new line to be put in, growth hormone jabs, neuro, gastro, rheaumy, etc over the few wks, wondering if anyone fancys meeting up, kim xx
popsmum

Re: gosh 29th november onwards

Postby ratty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:14 am

not there but wanted to wish you luck. hope all goes well and as expected!!!! you have your hands full. xx
ratty

Anyone going to GOSH rehab 25th Jan

Postby monkeymoomoo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone from here will be at the GOSH rehab programme at the end of January for two weeks?

Love to hear from you if you are please....

Mixed feelings about it all at the moment
monkeymoomoo

Re: Anyone going to GOSH rehab 25th Jan

Postby Livsmum » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi, we are supposed to be going the last 2 weeks of Feb...

I say Supposed because the patient hotel have suddenly changed the rules and won't let Charlie stay in the hotel!

Last time I was there i left Charlie with a friend and due to his emotional and social delays it affected him in a negative way being away from us, he begged me never to leave him again, so I told gosh that and they purposely booked us in for half term week and the week after, so Charlie would only miss one week of school. The head teacher has given us authorised Absense and it was sorted. Now, apparently, only siblings under 2 can stay at the hotel!

I have no alternatives, hubby working all hours, Mother in law is local but caring for father in law, he has rapidly deteriorated health with his Parkinsons, so she can't have him, my mum can't have him and his dad is working, so he can't have him either! I am completely stuck and it looks like I am going to have to cancel Olivia's rehab. The secretary at gosh has said he will speak to his manager and sue to see if they can talk to the hotel manager. I should know for definate at the end of the week.

I really don't need this added stress at the moment.

What are your mixed feelings? I won't lie and say it's not hard, because it is, but it gets results. Olivia has been twice already and without gosh she'd be a permanent wheelchair user. The improvement in her has been amazing and I'd say it's well worth putting your kids through it. :wink:
Livsmum

Postby Livsmum » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm

I just thought I'd let people on here know that Kim could do with good vibes and prayers if you are that way inclined.

Poppy has been seriously ill for sometime now and is still in GOSH. She is having all the problems that Ollie had and Kim is really struggling with flash backs to Ollie, same place, same time of year etc.

Please spare a thought for Poppy and "will" her to get better.
Livsmum

Postby ratty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm

thoughts and prayers heading her way!!!!!
ratty

Re: Anyone going to GOSH rehab 25th Jan

Postby barkingmad » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Nope but I am there from 8th of March for two weeks!

Good luck all! :bye:
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Great Ormond Street/Hospitals & Appointments