Can I get my 6 yr old on the 2 week course?

Please post here any query that relates to Great Ormond Street Hospital/or your child's/adolescents hospital appointments generally. Within this section is helpful info regarding tips & hints for hospital visits -stays.

Can I get my 6 yr old on the 2 week course?

Postby MandyG » Fri May 15, 2009 12:04 pm

hiya

we are going back to gosh for becca's check up at beginning of june

whilst there myself and my 6 yr old are having a private appt with prof G at hospital of st john and st elizabeth

my hope is to get my 6 ur old on the 2 weeks course at gosh with her sister as this would save 2 different travelling times if you know what I mean?

would prof G be able to get her on the course without seeing the staff at gosh first? or does she have to have an initial appt at gosh before she can do the course.

my 6 yr old is very bendy and still needs carried and is in tears every day climbing the stairs to bed.

also I am pregnant, so its a lot of work having to go back all the time. If we only had to go once and killed 2 birds with one stone so to speak, it would make things so much easier.

also - because I am pregnant i will have to put off any appts towards end of this year beginnning of next.Do youthink they will be ok with this?

also it means there will then be 6 of us coming down. I know sue said it was ok for me to bring all kids and myhubby cause I am his carer and onlyone who can look after the kids - would they still put us in the flat at patient hotel? there is only 4 beds plus 1 cot? do you think they would give us a spare mattress so we could all stay together?

xxxx
Mandy - DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
mum to Rachel 9-DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
Rebecca, 6, DX EDS III nov 2008, GDD, selective mutism, PDA
Charlotte 3- EDS III DX 2010
Louie 2- showing signs
Also carer to my husband who has narcolepsy + cataplexy
MandyG
enthusiast

Re: Can I get my 6 yr old on the 2 week course?

Postby Eloise » Fri May 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Why don't you give Sue a ring and explain the situation and she may be able to tell you whether it is possible and how to go about things. It is best to phone up now, rather than leaving things till June and it be too late for them to sort things.

What have you got to lose by asking????
Benign Joint Familial Hypermobility Syndrome (BJFHS) - Confirmed Prof Bird April 2008 :)
I am a Pharmacist and I will give my opinion on these boards. However, always ask your own health professionals for your individual circumstance.
Eloise
addict

Re: Can I get my 6 yr old on the 2 week course?

Postby barkingmad » Sat May 16, 2009 4:01 am

I suspect it would be difficult to arrange that Mandy as there is a huge list waiting to go in for rehab but I agree with Eloise you have nothing to lose by asking. :D
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

Return to Great Ormond Street/Hospitals & Appointments