Podiatrist appt at GOSH

Please post here any query that relates to Great Ormond Street Hospital/or your child's/adolescents hospital appointments generally. Within this section is helpful info regarding tips & hints for hospital visits -stays.

Podiatrist appt at GOSH

Postby MandyG » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:34 pm

hiya

my 3 yr old is due to see Sue for a check up on wed 3rd june but she said we would get to see the podiatrist on the day before

does anyone know what time of day the podiatrist works?

I only ask cause I have booked 2 private appts with Prof G for myself and 5 yr old on the 2nd june in the afternoon - I just hope the podiatrist is in the morning

Ihave phoned GOSh but sue doesn't work fridays so they are phoning me back next week to confirm the appt with podiatrist

am so not patient lol

if it is in the afternoon do you think they would change it as we have appt in afternoon

xxx
Mandy - DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
mum to Rachel 9-DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
Rebecca, 6, DX EDS III nov 2008, GDD, selective mutism, PDA
Charlotte 3- EDS III DX 2010
Louie 2- showing signs
Also carer to my husband who has narcolepsy + cataplexy
MandyG
enthusiast

Re: Podiatrist appt at GOSH

Postby MandyG » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:36 pm

anyone know about the podiatry appointments?

xx
Louie 2- showing signs
MandyG
enthusiast

Postby Jobaz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:48 pm

hi

we are on the 2week GOSH course at the moment,.... my son is 3 ,, we saw her at 12.30 & got insoles in my sons shoes.....however I THINK shes there all day?? however there were alot of people who said they did ALOT of waiting around..some waiting hours to see people there..so having appointments on the same day may be a bit difficult?
Jobaz

Postby MandyG » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 pm

hiya how is it going on the course?

is your son managing ok?

thanks for replying

xxx
Louie 2- showing signs
MandyG
enthusiast

Postby Jobaz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 pm

he mananged ok till fri & then crashed.. screaming & crying when I took him to the morning session... they tried to calm him but ended up saying he was shattered & in pain & to leave it for that day.... im glad in a way as they needed to see how bad he can be with tiredness & pain.... hopefully he will go back monday & go in ok?? Im a little worried though... they really work them hard...which is great..but at only 3 I just hope he can keep up
xx
Jobaz

!¬

Postby Alison C » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Well done in completing week one! I am sure he will enjoy watching others do their exercises when he is having a rest. WHen we went to the 2 week course, there was great team spirit and they all encouraged each other, and had fun. Going to the school also helped but I guess your son is too young to go to this?

Any fire alarm (false) yet at the hotel?! Fond memories of being in my pjs in the GOSH street one early am amidst commuters!

Cheerio
Alison
Alison C
enthusiast

Postby Jobaz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:45 pm

yes he is too young for school Alison...however the kids there are the loveliest bunch.. benjamin is the baby of the bunch & so they all take good care of him.... I just hope he will go in monday as friday he just cried & cried & refused to do anything,.. all the physio's & kids said it was so unlike him as he was always so chatty & happy.. but the physio said she could see he was shattered & totally understood.

The Fire alarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont talk to me about that d**n thing!!!
It went off at night... benjamin was fast asleep & it didnt even wake him..however we had banging at the door saying it was real & we needed to get out quick...I sai I need some help, said I was due to have my baby in 2 weeks & so couldnt carry him..she just said..no choice..u have gotta get out! I had to carry him, wrapped in his duvet down 4 flights of stairs & out to the park!!!!! how I didnt fall down the stairs I do not know...hes really heavy- almost 17 kilo's!
needless to say, i had contractions for 3 hours that night- every 4 minutes...but thankfully they eased off !!!!!!!!!! I was asking everyone for help...no one was interested! NIGHTMARE :cry: :x
Jobaz

Postby Alison C » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 am

I have been thinking about the fire alarm dilemma - perhaps can you talk to someone about your need for help as the fire alarm does go off frequently. I have carried my daughter down those stairs and they are tricky. There is some arrangement about children in wheelchairs - maybe you could come under this?

When I have dropped off my children at school, the teachers say to any parent to drop them off saying a fond farewell, and saying you will be back, smile and walk off without hesitation - not sure if this may help on Monday? Maybe the physios may alter the programme next week now they have seen how the first week went?

How is London in the spring - must be lovely - any cherry blossom etc - have you found Coram Fields park yet but I guess you need to put your feet up.

Have you got a plan of action, soastospeak, just in case you go into labour whilst you are in London? Just another thought!

Happy Mum's Day - you are fab mum!

Cheerio
Alison
Alison C
enthusiast

Postby MandyG » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:38 pm

oh well done benjiman for doing one week.

Becca was same age when she did the course in november and I remember all the other kids taking good care of her cause she was the youngest too

I know when we went the physios told us to pick her up at 11 instead of 11.30 in the mornings cause she just could not cope with it as she too was shattered and in pain. I am sure he will be fine this week - I am sure the physios know when enough is enough if you know what I mean?

the fire alarm never went off when we were there, I panicked every day cause of what alison told me lol

and crikey about you have to carry him. Definately get them told at reception that you need help if it happens again. If you ended up in labour then that is gonna cause more hassle for them so they should understand that. Dont back down on that one.

good luck for next week - hope it all goes well

have you been to waitrose yet? I forget the name of that shopping centre. My mum loved it lol and cant wait to go back

anyhoo - good luck

xxx
Louie 2- showing signs
MandyG
enthusiast

Postby Alison C » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Sorry Mandy to make you panic - I did not mean to do this. I was just embarrassed by being in my pjs with no slippers, dodging pigeon poo, carrying my daughter, reassuring her and my son, whilst being outside GOSH hotel, with smartly dressed commuters walking by! I just wanted to make sure that noone else felt so embarrassed and had pigeon poo on their feet! GOSH did move us to their HQ and we all sat in a conference room - I can laugh now really as it must have looked funny with all of us sitting around the huge table in our pjs!

Sorry Mandy
Alison
Alison C
enthusiast

Postby MandyG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:28 am

alison - dont worry about it lol. at least it made me get up earlier than usual and be ready in time for everything

got the appt sorted

xxx
Louie 2- showing signs
MandyG
enthusiast

Return to Great Ormond Street/Hospitals & Appointments