Dr - GOSH

Please post here any query that relates to Great Ormond Street Hospital/or your child's/adolescents hospital appointments generally. Within this section is helpful info regarding tips & hints for hospital visits -stays.

Dr - GOSH

Postby aheaps » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi everyone,

don't know if this has already been posted but I was at GOSH today to see Dr Hasson with my son and we saw Prof G instead because Dr Hasson has left. Apparently he left about 2 weeks ago.

They already have a lady doctor (sorry didn't get her name) who is going to be taking over. We met her today and seemed very nice.

Anyway just thought I would let everyone know.

Take care.

Claire

:bday:
aheaps

Re: Dr - GOSH

Postby barkingmad » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi,

Yes Dr. {Dr's name removed} has left the NHS..we know he is still seeing private patients and we are trying to get the details.
Aheaps is right, a lady locum is taking over his patients for the time being at GOSH and UCH, obviously under Prof G's supervision.

We will let everyone know more when we have been officially told.
Thanks
Donna
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

Re: Dr - GOSH

Postby MandyG » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 pm

hope it is ok to add to this thread

I am gonna try and get my GP to refer my eldest to gosh but who do I tell her to write to now that Dr {Dr's name removed, please read site rules} has left?

it still says Dr {Dr's name removed, please read site rules} on the main HMSA website re: HMS clinics.

I assume, fingers crossed, they would accept my eldest as my middle dd has done the gosh 2 week course. Only thing is can you get a referral when the child has had no medical intervention at home?

I have been so focused on my 3 yr old that I just did not see the signs with my eldest - she has always complained of pains etc and gets very tired easily and cannot walk far without experiencing pain - albeit no where near what our 3 yr old is like - but I am still concerned none the less. PLus she is VERY bendy

I need to get her referred - we have an appt to see sue in june to check up on progress from the 2 week course in november for our 3 yr old and I was hoping we could get my 5 yr old seen by someone at same time

do you think this would be allowed? - I also thought if they saw my eldest and could diagnose her with eds too, and ask her to go on the 2 week course, then it means I would only have to make one trip as both dd's could do the course together

hope that all made sense

oh - last thing - sue said she would try and get a podiatrist appt for becca the day before sue's clinic in june - do I just phone up the rheumy secs to confirm this and to book the patient hotel?

am gonna phone them tomorrow to discuss june anyway - just wanted to see I was phoning right people first lol

xxx
Mandy - DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
mum to Rachel 9-DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
Rebecca, 6, DX EDS III nov 2008, GDD, selective mutism, PDA
Charlotte 3- EDS III DX 2010
Louie 2- showing signs
Also carer to my husband who has narcolepsy + cataplexy
MandyG
enthusiast

Re: Dr Hasson - GOSH

Postby alison1984 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 pm

hi there, i cant really help with your questions, but re booking patient hotel, they called us to make the booking for when we go to GOSH to ask who would be taying etc and names of all of us etc.
alison1984

Re: Dr Hasson - GOSH

Postby MandyG » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 am

hiya thanks alison

when I was there in november sue told me to phone the rheumy secs to book the hotel

just dont want to leave it and realise we are booked in at the hotel lol

just phoned them but it's engaged

does anyone know re my above questions? who do I get my go to write to at gosh re:referrals?

thanks again

xx
Mandy - DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
mum to Rachel 9-DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
Rebecca, 6, DX EDS III nov 2008, GDD, selective mutism, PDA
Charlotte 3- EDS III DX 2010
Louie 2- showing signs
Also carer to my husband who has narcolepsy + cataplexy
MandyG
enthusiast

Return to Great Ormond Street/Hospitals & Appointments