Sue's Clinic - 14th April @ GOS???

Please post here any query that relates to Great Ormond Street Hospital/or your child's/adolescents hospital appointments generally. Within this section is helpful info regarding tips & hints for hospital visits -stays.

Re: gosh 29th november onwards

Postby Livsmum » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Poppy is really ill, worse ever,vomiting 24/7 peg bag wont drain,so got to have a ng tube in,got two infections in line gram negative streptococci and coliform, biopsies show eosinaphilic enteropathy rare but linked with ehlers danlos syndrome ,needs even more anti imflamotry meds poor things just so ill. so loads of prayers needed xxx
Livsmum

Postby janey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

So sorry to hear what Poppy and her parents are going through. Love and prayers to all and hope things improve soon :hug:
janey
enthusiast

Postby joanne b » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:39 pm

sending her our thoughts and prayers .. i know her through a reflux site xx
joanne b

Postby hannah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:57 pm

My thoughts are with both Poppy and kim and family. I pray things start to improve.
HMSA Patron for Kids and Teens. EDS III. POTS. For various cartoon descriptions of HMS&POTS and ways to help others understand HMS&POTS see http://www.stickmancommunications.co.uk
hannah
addict

Re: Anyone going to GOSH rehab 25th Jan

Postby Es* » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I understand their rules about siblings under 2 - but - it may well be that because your other child needs to be there for a reason related to his being disabled, that you could argue that it is a 'reasonable adjustment' under the Disability Discrimination Act to allow him to stay, even though he's over 2. Worth trying?
Es*

Anyone at rehab for 2 weeks from 8 Feb

Postby carol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Long shot I know.

We tryed to do this in October but unfortunately I suffered (for the first time in my life) major panic attacks which led to us having to come home after 3 days.

I am so dreading going again, it would be great if anyone else was going to be around for moral support !!!
carol

Anyone in GOSH from the 12th March?

Postby barkingmad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi ya,

I am joining my daughter and hubby at GOSH on the 12th March to swap over, hubby is coming back home on Monday 15th. I know I am meeting up with some people but is anyone else going to be there as well?

Thanks Donna :bye:
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

GOSH 2 week rehab - End of May

Postby Phii_x » Sun May 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey everyone :)

I'm going to GOSH for the 2 week rehab at the end of this month! I was just wondering whether anybody else here is going to be there at the same time as me?

There is one thing I'm worried about though :(
I know a lot of younger children go there, but how about teenagers? I know I'm not going there to make friends, but it would be nice to have someone close to my age (15).
So could anybody tell me whether any other people close to my age will actually be there, or will it all be young children?

- Fiona :bye:
Phii_x

Re: GOSH 2 week rehab - End of May

Postby barkingmad » Sun May 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Fiona,

I might be there at that time for my daughters review although technically we arent supposed to be there until the 3rd but it looks like they have messed her appts up again.

When Tasha did her 2 week stay there was about 4 teens on her course. So it is unlikely that you will be stuck with loads or primary children! :D Anyway you wont have time to be concerned about it! :lol: Once they get their whips out thats it for you! No I am joking, of course you will be strongly encouraged to push through it all, but they do understand and actually being with other children/teens provides a distraction from doing the exercises! Its all done in a way that involves as much fun as possible, wait until D wears his tutu! Seriously its either Wednesdays or Thursdays, my daughter still laughs now.

I am sure they will take great care of you. :bye:
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

Postby Phii_x » Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Ah I'm glad I won't be alone :)

I know it's going to be tough, but I'm hoping they don't make me cry :'] I imagine it being some kind of military operation with us all lined up :D!

Who is D? And why does he wear a tutu? Aha. Way to make me curious!

Thanks for replying so quickly :bye:
Phii_x

Postby barkingmad » Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi, sorry it is one of the male physios at the GOSH clinic, who I cant name as we dont have permission to do, as to why he likes to wear a tutu? who knows! :lol:

I think it is to make the children laugh whilst they are completing the first week. :wink:

You will be fine. They are lovely people.
barkingmad (Donna)
HMSA CEO/ TRUSTEE
barkingmad
Site Admin

Postby Phii_x » Mon May 03, 2010 5:52 pm

I guess I'll find out soon then :)

Thanks for reassuring me :bye:
Phii_x

Postby mobilemum » Sat May 15, 2010 10:28 am

my DD just got a start date of tuesday 1st June - does that make sense?
mobilemum

Postby Fizz » Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Is that because Monday is the Bank Holiday?
Fizz

Postby jojackson » Sat May 15, 2010 2:16 pm

I haven't been to the inpatient rehab at GOSH, but having done it twice at Stanmore, I had some of the same worries as you - that I would feel very young and very alone (I was just out of my teens the first time and had always found that I was the youngest person in hospital by a looooong way!), but actually found that despite the range of ages, everyone got on really well, and seven years on, I'm still in touch with a couple of people from my first rehab stint.

Physio is always tough, but I'm sure that you'll find people that you like there, whether they are your age or not. I hope you get lots of benefit from it and have fun at the same time. You'll have to tell us all about the tutu!

Jo
32 years old, diagnosed with EDS-H at UCH in 2009
jojackson

PreviousNext

Return to Great Ormond Street/Hospitals & Appointments