Prof G Autonomic Dysfunction referal advice

Appointments generally. Getting the correct diagnosis, finding the right doctor or dealing with the issues arising from being diagnosed with a hypermobility related disorder.

Prof G Autonomic Dysfunction referal advice

Postby ciderpig122 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Guys, advice needed pleeeease (hope im in the right place and not duplicating posts)

I saw Prof G in September 2011, I got a referal to Stanmore and am on the list for the 3 week residential (hurraahhhhh)

In Prof Gs letter he states the following-
She scored highly (22/30) on our checklist of symptoms compatible with sutonomic dysfunction known to be a common feature of EDS. Her BP lying was 124/80 pulse 93; Standing 143/86, pulse 102. This rise of 9bpm on change of posture is indicative although not confirmatory of PoTS the most common encountered form of dysautonomia seen in EDS patients, therefore she shows the multi-systemic affects of EDS as well as muscoskeletal ones.

Now, ive seen 3 GPs in our practice to see what I do about this, the last one sent me for a heart scan (no idea why and no tilt test) the heart scanner lady told me she works in addenbrooked cardiac genetic team and they see families with EDS and Marfans and treat them.

My Scan has come back normal, thank God, but my GP says that (quite rightly) UCLH are the EDS experts and would have referred me if they felt it neccesary & they havent as there is no treatment, which I know from reading your guys posts is horsemuck.

Can anyone advise on my next steps please or if anyone with similar stuff in their letter got a referral or if im just spoiling for another NHS fight and should shut up and get on with it :boohoo: :D :mrgreen:
EDS type 3, Fibromyalgia, suspected PoTS, OCD, asthma, PTSD, Periodic limb movement disorder & raynauds.
ciderpig122

Re: Prof G Autonomic Dysfunction referal advice

Postby madmum » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 pm

I got a comment saying it is suggested I have p.o.t.s and his advice was to take more water and salt. My gp has not done anything about it. He also suggested physio,nothing has been followed up. He also said loose weight,not easy with limited mobility.
Mum to son with hms,pain amplification,migraine,plantar fascitis,ibs.lactose intolerant,hayfever and numerous allergies. I have hms,arthritis,migraine,p.o.t.s,allergies,and others too numerous to mention. Acused of being mentally ill hence.....madmum.
madmum
Carpal tunnel

Postby ciderpig122 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:54 pm

my physio discharged me, their occ therapist told me if i can work i am fine, both their managers were here this week and are not very happy with them at all LOL
EDS type 3, Fibromyalgia, suspected PoTS, OCD, asthma, PTSD, Periodic limb movement disorder & raynauds.
ciderpig122

Postby Rosie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi ciderpig

Have you thought about emailing Prof G or his secretary and asking what you should do? they are ususally very helpful.

Rosie
Diagnosed HEDS December 1st 2005. DD1 (20) HEDS and scoliosis (now corrected by surgery), diagnosed June 2006. DD2 (18) mild HMS. Son (11) some hypermobile joints, poor muscle strength and seems to be developing scoliosis as well, woopee!
Rosie
Site Admin

Postby ciderpig122 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Oooooh! I hadn't! I don't suppose you have the email address do you?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
ciderpig122

Postby Rosie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi again

No, sorry, I don't. But there should be an email address or phone number on the report from your visit, the one you quote above?

Rosie
Diagnosed HEDS December 1st 2005. DD1 (20) HEDS and scoliosis (now corrected by surgery), diagnosed June 2006. DD2 (18) mild HMS. Son (11) some hypermobile joints, poor muscle strength and seems to be developing scoliosis as well, woopee!
Rosie
Site Admin

Postby RainbowsButterflies » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 am

Have PMed you.
K x
AS, HEDS, probable POTS, IBS, chronic pain syndrome, chronic migraine with perpetual aura, A&D, atopy
RainbowsButterflies

Postby ciderpig122 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 am

:) thank you! X
ciderpig122

Return to Diagnosis and Doctors