I have been fighting for 2 years for my eldests DLA, had one failed appeal due to school report (same report that made us remove her from school to home school as we realised they were not listening to us or looking after her like she needed)
anyway - I re applied and have just had DLA money put into bank - not had the letter yet but the amount equates to low rate care or low rate mobility - not sure which one yet cause not had the letter
my question is - do I inform tax credits? My 5 yr old gets high rate care and high rate mobility and she gets extra for tax credits, but wasn't sure if low rate you had to inform them?
also - I think I might write and disagree with their decision. I feel she should get high rate care and low rate mobility - CAB also thought this. Do I risk it and say I want them to look at it again?
I know they have had a letter from the paediatrician/physio as the dla people phoned me last week to ask questions about Rachel's physio - I said it was twice a day - half hour ech time so that equates to one hour so would get the low rate care.
do you think they would look at it or am I risking the low rate that has been awarded? I do feel I have to give her extra looking after all day (not at night) due to the EDS risks of dislocations, avoiding rough play and possible injuries, as well as the bowel problems which has now had mental affects cause of the terrible handling of it whilst she was at school (they left Rcahel in soiled pants for half an hour - in her class, then transferred her to the reception desk, and they waited for me to come in and clean her up in the staff toilets)
there is also the pains as well and encouragement to continue normal things through the day and eating/drinking problems due to the constipation.
what do you think?
Mandy - DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
mum to Rachel 9-DX EDS III by prof G June 2009
Rebecca, 6, DX EDS III nov 2008, GDD, selective mutism, PDA
Charlotte 3- EDS III DX 2010
Louie 2- showing signs
Also carer to my husband who has narcolepsy + cataplexy