do you rattle too

Please do not mention specific dosages in this section.
Issues relating to pain management - from the latest drug therapies and combinations to pain clinics and cognitive behavioural therapies.

do you rattle too

Postby shedevil_kt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 am

I was not sure if this was a post or not I am sure it will be moved if necessary.

So on new meds again due to not being able to get out of bed are you ready for it .......I am now officially on 33 tablets per day I must be rattling like money jar filled with 2ps lol. I am in the least pain I have been in awhile but once again I am doing the drowsy one minute :cry: to feeling like im high. :dance: .

I mean surely this cannot be healthy for my inside?.... On another note I have dropped a stone in weight after being diagnoses with IBS I went on the 3-2-1 Sllimfast diet 2 shakes 3 bits of fruit and 1 600 calorie meal so to take away most foods. But get this had chocolate yesterday and spent a few hours in toilet so do not think I should eat chocolate any more what should I do without chocolate :( .

Hope you are all well and can help me understand that I am not abnormal like you guys always do lol love you all and I look forward to reading your replies :kiss:
Katie Hollingsworth Diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome, EDS, POTS, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on 03/03/2011: I also have IBS,Ashtma,Depression,Anaphalaxis to fleas,wasps,and bees.
I am a right catch lol looking forward to your reply :O)
shedevil_kt

Re: do you rattle too

Postby anna » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Shake, Rattle and Roll! I think that describes a lot of us. Got to laugh, haven't you? Know what it feels like, my sympathy hun. :D :bye:
hi, hms sufferer, diagnosed at age 45!!!!!
anna

Postby Superstottie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am

Hi, I too know that feeling! I was on 33 tablets a day until a few months ago when I finally got my official diagnosis from the Rhuemy and she put me onto BuTrans patches (see forum thread!) These are a complete life changer for me as now I only take a few paracetamol a day! I don't get half as much tummy pain as I was getting either (Prob Ibuprofen) and you don't get that up and down as its a constant small amount, you also don't get the problems of it wearing off, like in the night!

If the amount of pills is bothering you or any of the other problems I have mentioned then it might be worth going to your GP and discussing a review of your meds and maybe trying something like the BuTrans or another long lasting pain relief!

Take Care x x

Oh - and well done on the weight loss - I lost three stone last year and I felt fab!! (keeping it off is the problem!!!)
Finally diagnosed March 2011 after 20 years of hypochondria!!!
Superstottie
nut

Postby shedevil_kt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 pm

yeah it was at doctors review of meds that i just got given more tablets. my doctors work in the way that you call up at 8am to get an appointment and most of the time its not my actual gp, but then again my gp is an a***!. He doesn't have a clue or he does of eds alone (none of my other issues, had to explain them through Google) but does not care he actually turned around and said "what it is only hypermobility nothing serious its not like you can deteriorate" um hello yeah you can.

I may ask about the patches anything to try and save my insides :O) thanks for your advice and i am glad it helped you get better.

KATIExx :bday:
Katie Hollingsworth Diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome, EDS, POTS, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on 03/03/2011: I also have IBS,Ashtma,Depression,Anaphalaxis to fleas,wasps,and bees.
I am a right catch lol looking forward to your reply :O)
shedevil_kt

Postby star gazer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:32 pm

hiya, don,t feel quite as bad with my 20 tabs a day! but have problems with night pain, how do the Bu Trans patches work? I also dropped 2 stone last year, I wasn't trying but it happens on a meds change, they took away the amitryptaline because it worked against the midodrine for pots! I did need to lose the weight and could do with dropping another stone, all helps the joints!!
star gazer, not rattling quite as much :wink:
star gazer
nut

Postby Superstottie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Star gazer - there is a whole topic on BuTrans (buprenorphine), and they are basically a bit like a big plaster that you wear all the time, I change it every 7 days, and it releases a constant small amount of painkiller so that you have a baseline which you can supplement with other pills if you need. I find them fab as it means that I always have some meds in my system, so mornings are a lot easier, and it's better that I don't have to get up in the night to take more pills when they wear off! I only take paracetamol with them at the moment (which apparently amplify the effects of the buprenorphine). The only problem I have found with them is they itch and sometime cause spots under the patch (oh and they leave a big black mark like regular plasters do!!!)
Finally diagnosed March 2011 after 20 years of hypochondria!!!
Superstottie
nut

Postby star gazer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks superstottie, I will have a look at the thread, and have a chat with the g.p at the next med review, I have just swapped out tramadol for a higher strength of co codamol (prescription) and slow release tramadol at night, but that wears off in the middle of the night and I can't turn in bed at that point, so something that keeps a low level topped up sounds like a good idea.
star gazer.
star gazer
nut

Return to Pain Management and Medication